Saturday, August 19, 2006

Update on my Super Stable

Well, so far 4 of the horses in my stable have resumed racing.

Last Saturday it was Apache Cat and Cats Fun. Apache Cat came third in his race but Cats Fun failed to get anywhere.

Today Paratroopers and Haradasun both won quite convincingly.

Haradasun was hyped to favoritism even though he'd only raced once before in a country meeting where he won by 10 lengths. I was keen to see how he went today against a bunch of top 3 year olds and he ran a ripper race, running from near last to first in a blazing finish. He's a half brother to Elvestroem who was a very good performer in his day. Elvis, as he was fondly known, even beat the great mare Makybe Diva. He was retired to stud last year, so now we can look forward to seeing his progeny race in a few years.

My stable is starting to look quite healthy as a result of today, so I'll have plenty in my pot of virtual funds to purchase substitutes.

2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Sounds like it is going well ... I think my husband would be interested in doing something like what you're doing - he's too Scottish to actually bet, but he does like trying to pick winners, so virtual gambling would probably suit him.

Anne S said...

Hi CB,

My partner is of Scottish descent as well and has the same reluctance towards gambling. However, he is not interested in horse racing.

The Australian Racing & Sports Message Board has quite a few tipping competitions starting up for Spring. One of my favorites is The Groupies where one has to pick the winner of Australian Group 1 races only.

It certainly tests one's knowledge of the racing scene, though a lot of it has to do with luck.